Sunday, January 29, 2023

January 29--Surprises Are Lurking Everywhere

The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do. 
--Amelia Earhart

    As I go through my days, I am usually on the lookout for something interesting that I can bring to the blog. Signs, bumper stickers, billboards--inspiration could be anywhere 😉😉
    I was quite surprised when, driving along 21st Street West in Wichita, I saw this on one of the electronic church signs:
Many parents need a good spanking!
    I was so surprised that I drove by a second time to confirm that I was not imagining it. I told a couple of friends (one, a retired minister) about this, and their eyes bulged wide. I'm not sure whether this sentiment would attract or repel potential church visitors. While some may secretly agree with this statement, I find it quite creepy to be on a church sign. Oh, baby, bring it on?!?!!? Creepy.
    It did give me something to write about!!
        Leta

[No google image today---I have no intention of googling "spanking"!!!!!!!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment