Friday, January 7, 2022

January 7--Life Is Waiting for Us to Say "Yes"

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.  --Joseph Campbell

    How many times have I said, "The best laid plans..."? I consider myself an organized person, a planner. There were times in my life when a sudden change of plans would make me crazy. There is a passage in 12-step literature that says (I paraphrase): when the car won't start, most people call a tow truck or repair center; addicts call suicide prevention. I have learned over time to go with the flow. It's much easier than trying to paddle upstream. 
    There are so many things that have made my life wonderful that I could not have imagined 40 years ago--yoga teacher training, working at a church, doing tax prep work, coaching, having and raising children, recovering from addiction--just to name the first few things that come to me. The life waiting for me has been awesome, and I am grateful. 
    This comes from "Every Day Spirit" by Mary Davis:

        Peace is the answer. 
        Joy is the goal. 
        Thanks is the prayer. 
        Love is the road.

    That pretty well covers it!
        Leta

We got it! Our new RAV4 Hybrid.
ROAD TRIP!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment