I often invite my yoga classes to think of three things they are thankful for, and not just the usual "family, friends, home" answers. I offer the example of our sewer system. I am extremely thankful for that as we would be in a world of hurt without it. We take for granted that we can simply flush the toilet and off goes the waste.
How about these items:
- We can go buy gas easily to take us wherever we want to go.
- Our traffic system (lights, round-abouts, directional signs, highways, etc.) moves a lot of people with relatively few incidents.
- We have an amazing variety of goods available to us in grocery and retail stores.
- We always have a choice.
- We can learn how to do virtually anything with the help of the internet.
- We have free time and infinite possibilities to use it, rather than having to spend every waking minute on survival.
- Trees that appear lifeless in winter redecorate themselves each spring with new growth and colorful leaves.
- Life is full of an extraordinary array of color.
- We open the tap and voila! water flows.
- Air is free and we can breathe as much as we want. It is a blessing to be able to breathe on our own power.
- We have instant means of communication around the world.
- We are blessed with people who grow and ship our food to stores.
- Life would be much less grand without that morning cup of coffee. 😉😉
I feel JOY-full!!