Saturday, January 29, 2022

January 29--Be Bold

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    If nothing changes, nothing changes. Boldness is required to take the first step towards any accomplishment. If I want to lose weight, but keep eating too much and exercising too little ("couch potato"), I can't expect genius, power or magic from that. 
    About this time in 2016, I began a new job doing taxes. I was bold, believing that I had the smarts and the math and computer skills to do the work. My boss, on recommendation of my co-worker, took a chance on me. Since I'm still doing the job, I'd say some genius, power and magic has happened. The genius is my boss, who with infinite patience has taught me so much. Power happens each time something "clicks into place" or the numbers balance. The best has been the magic--new friendships, using my skills to serve others, and phenomenal learning that has benefited not only our clients but also my family's personal tax filings. 
    Just do it!
        Leta
    



No comments:

Post a Comment