Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 12--Inside

There is only one journey: going inside yourself.  --Rainer Maria Rilke

    Right now, inside myself is tired. We drove to Colorado on Sunday, returned yesterday--that's a lot of driving (~1200 miles) in the space of three days. It was a successful trip, fulfilling an intention set almost a year ago. That intention was for us to have a new vehicle so that we could turn over our car to our older son and his wife. We left my Nissan out there with them, driving home in our new "Spaceship" (RAV4 Hybrid). It is odd not having my black sedan, Maddie, around. She went to a good home 😉😉
    Two things are very helpful to me for going inside. Those are writing and lap-swimming. The process of writing opens me up to Spirit. Just now, I had no idea what to write, because I'm tired and I don't feel like writing. But I just started writing about that, and voila, here's a blog post. Writing makes me think about how I'm feeling, and that is a good thing. It's too easy for life's busyness to push feelings aside. As for lap-swimming--the repetitive nature of it is meditative. I can think as much or as little as I choose stroking back and forth in the pool. I always feel better after a swim.  
    I'll be in the pool later this morning,
        Leta

A lovely park ornament discovered
on a Monday walk with Barney in Fort Collins


No comments:

Post a Comment