Monday, January 24, 2022

January 24--You Be You, Me Be Me

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  --Harriet Tubman

    My first reaction to this is that changing the world is a more lofty assignment than I care to handle. Since "the world" is too big for me, let's consider "my world." Then I arrive at a manageable level. How can I passionately change my world? I can be kind and live with an attitude of gratitude in my own home. I can care lovingly for Barney, our dog. (Who rescued who?) I can maintain my property in a manner supportive of our neighborhood. I can interact with my neighbors, get to know them and their children. I can grow flowers to brighten my spot on the planet. I can use my skills to benefit others, doing tax work, teaching Melt Method and yoga, and coaching. I can support friends who are going through difficult times. I pray daily that all humans may be kinder to each other and kinder to the planet.
    I birthed and helped to raise two healthy sons who are good men and productive citizens. That most definitely took strength, patience and passion. Oh! I have changed the world!
        Leta

My woman cave window garden

No comments:

Post a Comment