Tuesday, January 18, 2022

January 18--Saved Daily

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.  --Buddha

    Thank you, Buddha, for making this perfectly clear. I would add that we ourselves are the only ones we need to be saved from! We are our own worst enemy.
    I'm gonna get a bit irreverent here. Driving around Kansas, I see often holy billboards that say "Jesus saves." I'm thinking he should be pretty wealthy by now, and I wonder what bank he uses. Does he do online banking? 
    I don't believe in an entity commonly known as the devil, an outside force that causes us to do bad things. That's a scapegoat for poor choices. I also don't believe in any sort of entity that ultimately judges us and sends us to heaven or hell. All such dogma is designed to control and manipulate the masses.  
    "Saving" is a daily practice of living well, in harmony with oneself and others and our glorious planet. That's walking the path. 
        Leta
Given my love of baseball,
I just couldn't resist this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment