Monday, January 3, 2022

January 3--Half Full of What?

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.  --Sir Winston Churchill

    Are you a "glass half full" or a "glass half empty" sort of person? While I lean toward the "glass half full" end of the spectrum, I know I have both optimist and pessimist within me. In a society that seems to thrive on pushing fear upon us, it can be challenging to maintain the optimist vibes. I know that a pessimistic attitude does not feel good to my body or my spirit, and an upbeat attitude keeps me feeling healthier and more at peace. 
    In mid-January I will begin my final season of tax prep work. There will be the usual learning curve as we adapt to the inevitable annual changes. Hours are long. The work can be frustrating when needed information is missing. There are difficulties. The opportunities, however, are what keep me going. I love the work. I have learned so much, and what I have learned has been beneficial to me personally, as well as to my clients. I am paid well, and that's travel money! When I get bogged down, I think of my next destination on the globe and that keeps me going. 
    Optimistic about April 15! 
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment