Monday, January 17, 2022

January 17--Be Loved

Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.  --Anne Sexton

    I love this quote. It's fun. It invites us to pay attention to ourselves, deeply, our desires, needs, wants, even those things due for release. I find that as I have befriended my soul and given it an opportunity to speak, I am better able to be in relationship with others. Our souls are all connected. 
    Here is a practice from author Judy Cannato:

Sit quietly and bring to mind those who care for you—in the present and in the past. As you recall each person, receive the love that is there for you. Let it into your heart. Even if someone has a quirky way of showing love, receive the love. Sift through the dysfunction if you have to, but receive the love. Never mind if the person has never said, “I love you.” Receive the love, one by one. Hold all that love in your heart. Let it penetrate your whole being. How does it feel to consciously, intentionally receive all of that love? Can you allow that to sustain your journey for today?
 
    Feeling loved, 
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment