Friday, July 3, 2020

July 3--Miracles

The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.
  --Storm Jameson

     The pressure! While I whole-heartedly agree with this statement, it feels like a lot of pressure to me to make each minute extra-special. But so much of life is fairly mundane--stuff that we do daily that is pretty ordinary. Oh, I get it! It's seeing each minute, each act, no matter how mundane, as unique and worthy of appreciation. I brush my teeth--I'm grateful I still have teeth to brush. I shower--I'm grateful for my body, clean water, and the ability to care for myself. I walk the dog in the stifling heat--I'm grateful for my dog and all the joy he brings to our lives, and for the ability to walk and cope with the heat.
     Then there are the really "mountain-top" moments--being hugged by my sons, playing golf with them, seeing my extended family, traveling to other countries, seeing a glorious sunrise. All these are, in that very moment, unrepeatable miracles.
     "Unrepeatable miracle" = contentment and appreciation in the present moment. I can practice that.
     Joy-full,
       Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment