Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 15--Correct Your Mind

If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place. --Lao-Tzu

     The 12-Step programs talk about maintaining "fit spiritual condition." To me that equates to correcting the mind. This is not a one-time event, but an ongoing practice requiring consistent attention.
     One of the things that Ana Forrest hammered home to us in yoga teacher training is that our bodies are energy, and that bodily problems or issues are generally stuck energy of some sort. I elected yesterday with my spiritual coach to clear some stuck gunk from my hip area, trusting the process and that my higher self would guide me. A deep dive into my mind and spirit resulted in a lot of crying ("soul rinsing") and an excellent correction in my mind. It also left my hip feeling much improved.
     The correction in my mind was allowing it to move from my head to my heart that, as a child, "I did not do anything wrong." I had assumed a lot of responsibility and guilt for things that weren't mine. I realize that it may take a bit to fully integrate this into my psyche and body, but I know that this is one piece of the puzzle enabling my life to fall more fully into place, i.e. healing.
     Correcting the mind is not necessarily an easy task, but noting today's quote, it's well worth the effort.
     Lighter,
         Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment