Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11--Sweet!

That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.  --Emily Dickinson

     I'd have to say "melancholy sweet." I felt a bit melancholy when I first read this. Yes, it's the unique and unrepeatable experiences of life that make it so sweet, but dang, I'd sure like to hold on to or repeat some of those things. Life moves on. Ultimately I am quite grateful that we can't go backward, that we can't unlearn anything.
     Life is simply to be enjoyed. Abraham-Hicks tells us we are here for joy, expansion and freedom. All of those are quite sweet features of earthly life. Having lived well more than half my life, I often wonder if I'm enjoying life enough. The cursed "shoulds" escape their hiding place and show up in self-talk... "You should do more." I herd them back into the closet, reminding myself that I am happy, and generally, I'm doing what and as much as I want. Life holds plenty of opportunity for me, and that's sweet.
     One day at a time,
            Leta

P.S. Another barn quilt completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment