Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July 14--Time

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. 
--Rabindranath Tagore

     Author Gay Hendricks in "The Big Leap" discusses "Einstein time." His premise is that we create time, and we can create as much of it as we want. While this may sound completely wacko at first, it's true. I practice it. So, like the butterfly, I have time enough. One of my favorite quotes from the book is "You'll never have enough money to buy all the things you don't need, and you'll never have enough time to do all the things you don't want to do." Ponder that one for a bit!
     Clocks and our obsession with time are human inventions. Have you ever noticed how time flies when you are having fun, or how it drags when you are in unpleasant circumstances? That's because we create time. I can't explain it all here--read the book. Knowing that I create time helps me to stay in the present, as in the butterfly quote--not counting the future months but enjoying right now, relaxing because I don't need to be in a rush for any reason. 
     Please explore your personal understanding of time. It can be very enlightening!
     On time,
         Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment