Monday, July 27, 2020

July 27--Magic

The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
--Eden Phillpotts

     I love this quote! Just the word "magical" makes me happy. There are so many magical things around me. It is so much fun to practice noticing more and more of them. Here are some examples:

Any flower
My dog's total joy at trying to get a drink from a yard sprinkler
A weed growing through concrete
Any smile
Visiting a foreign country and talking with the locals
Airplanes that take us many miles very quickly
Colors
Christmas lights
Music
Art museums
Books
Computers
My husband
My husband's fabulous cooking
My sons
And on and on and on....

     Have you ever taken the time to watch a spider spin a web? Speaking of magical! And it's a very practical thing--that's how the spider feeds itself. Yet a spider web is an intricate work of art.
     Let's see if we can't sharpen our wits a bit today, shall we?
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment