Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 28--Soul Color?

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts. --Marcus Aurelius

     This is another good reason to keep a good handle on what we are thinking!
     Sometimes I like to just sit and look at people, for instance while waiting for a flight. It's interesting to ponder what they may be going through, their general demeanor, their interaction with those around them. A particularly sour-looking or cranky person makes me feel sad. Dark soul thoughts are coloring their behavior. I do believe most folks to be kind and good souls, with mostly lighter colors shining through.
     Being humans with free choice, we all have the full color palette within our souls. None of us are immune to the occasional darkness of black and grays. But what is the dominant color of my soul? Is it a jaded, bland palette of dull pastels, or the bright colors of enthusiasm for life? I'm a person who loves color like some folks love music, so this wisdom quote encourages me to keep my thoughts bright, bold and loving.
     Today's soul color--bright red, my favorite,
              Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment