Thursday, July 2, 2020

July 2--Heart Overflowing

Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
--Paulo Coelho

     My heart is overflowing with blessings right now. Despite all sorts of ugliness in the world, I am choosing to focus on all the good I am experiencing. Yesterday, my car's air conditioning system was repaired. The first repair estimate we had was around $2,000, which I refused to spend. The actual bill, at a different service establishment, was under $1,000. After suffering with the broken AC for over two miserably hot summers, this is a huge gift from my husband. 
     Also yesterday, my husband started the project of hanging the barn quilts I have been painting on our backyard shed. This would have been a very difficult exercise for me, but he has taken to the project with great enthusiasm, helped along with the purchase of a new drill, and the mathematical puzzle of it all. One of my friends responded to my facebook post with "Nothin' beats a man with a level." JOY!
     I have wonderful friends and family whom I dearly love. I've been able to stay in touch with them via Zoom. Our home is comfortable. We have been eating very well due to my husband's skill and enthusiasm at cooking. I have the opportunity to be creative and I am learning a lot. I'm back to swimming and playing golf. I have a doggie I dearly love, who brings great laughter and joy to our lives.


     Focusing on the treasures in my life is a lot more rewarding than reading the news.
          Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment