Monday, July 13, 2020

July 13--Appreciating Silence

Every word has consequences. Every silence, too. --Jean-Paul Sartre

     In other words, what we don't say can be just as potent as what we do say. Being a teacher in various ways, I do like to talk. I have, however, been encouraging myself to be silent and listen more than speaking. Fortunately I am not one who is uncomfortable with silence. I actually crave it. While some folks are content with music or TV chatter constantly surrounding them, I'm usually enjoying silence (or as close to silence as I can get). In our world that seems to be constantly making noise of some sort, silence is refreshing and calming.
     I'm off to appreciate the silence of swimming--just my breath and the water...ahhhh, peace.
          Leta





No comments:

Post a Comment