Thursday, September 26, 2024

September 26--Paint the Questions

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart... Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.  --Rainer Maria Rilke

    See yesterday's post for a whole bunch of goofy questions. 
    A friend is in the process of down-sizing from their home of multiple decades to a single level patio home. This is what our real estate agent friend refers to as the "final destination home." My husband and I consider this option periodically, and agree that we ought to start looking, but we haven't so far. We are just living the questions... stay in our current home? move? around Wichita or elsewhere? what are our requirements? do we have the energy to move!??!!?
    Creating helps me live the questions. Certainly that is one reason I continue to write a blog post daily. It is also why I paint. I can have fun with paints and make the world and its concerns go away. Below is completed clay pot #3. It's not the Mona Lisa, but I like it. I'm going with the theory that a colorful pot will make the plant in it happier. 
    Change, and the questions that go with it, are in the air!
    Leta
Clay pot painting adventure #3

No comments:

Post a Comment