Thursday, September 5, 2024

September 5--Expectations

Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting. 
--Haruki Murakami

    I've worked hard the past few years to give up any sort of expectations, because they have led me frequently in the past into disappointments large and small. It is, however, impossible for me to give up expectations, at least so far. I try to remember to add "this or something better" to my anticipated results. 
    I confess that this topic has reduced me to tears, taking me briefly back down the "rabbit hole" of disappointment and depression I have recently climbed out of. I guess a good soul-rinsing was in order--not what I was expecting this morning, but healing nonetheless. 
    This is a good reminder to keep moving, breathe and go with the flow.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment