Saturday, September 21, 2024

September 21--Nearing Another Ending

Things come suitable to the time.  --Enid Bagnold

    Well, yes, they do, and it can be so annoying! Birth is the first example--what makes a baby come into the world at THAT particular moment? I don't think we know that. The same is true for our exit time. I firmly believe that on some level, we choose that moment also. 
    Angst is developing within me, I can feel it. There are only eight more regular season Cubs games left. Multiple miracles would have to occur for the Cubs to make the playoffs. And yes, I will watch the other teams in the playoffs, just to ease my withdrawal from baseball season. And yes, Chiefs football and basketball will keep me occupied through the winter, but nothing compares to baseball season. Sports also "come suitable to the time." Yet as soon as the Cubs finish on September 29, I will be dreaming of Opening Day 2025!!!!
    Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment