Wednesday, July 5, 2023

July 5--Figuring It Out

Know your own happiness. You want nothing but patience; or give it a more fascinating name: call it hope.  --Jane Austin

    "Know your own happiness." For many months now, I have not known it. What I thought I wanted ran full-speed into a rock-solid brick wall. I've been dealing with the rubble from the crash--grief, sadness, depression, feeling stuck. Finally the realization surfaced that I have to answer this question: what DO I want, now that a couple possibilities are no longer options? I am starting to get nudges, other ideas to consider. Working on a painting and gardening have been most helpful as they help to clear my head.
    Patiently doing hopeful internal exploration,
        Leta

Painting progress... I guess I like
to paint straight lines because 
my life is not one!

No comments:

Post a Comment