Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1--Patience with Myself

Imperfect love must not be condemned and rejected but made perfect. The way is always forward, never back.  --Iris Murdoch

    Oh, joy, the July theme for the "Daily Kindness" quotes is patience. I do not consider that one of my strong characteristics. Thus, I expect it will be good for me to ponder it all month long. 
    The topic came up yesterday of expectations vs. reality. If reality is meeting or exceeding one's expectations, that is a good thing. When the topic came up, my first thought was that my reality is nowhere near my expectations. I believe that is my occasional depression talking. I also note that disappointment has haunted me seemingly forever. I've tried to convince myself to lower my expectations, also seemingly forever. I've had little success with that effort. I note, too, that I am in a transition/limbo/adjustment phase of life, annoyed greatly by uncertainty about the future and lack of control. 
    Overall, life is good, and I must simply take it one day at a time. I'm holding onto the expectation that everything is working out wonderfully for all involved, even though I can't conceive of what that is.
        Leta

Some fun art in downtown
Fort Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment