Wednesday, July 26, 2023

July 26--"The Best Laid Plans"

All human wisdom is summed up in two words--wait and hope. 
--Alexandre Dumas

    Well! Yesterday was one of those days when a person might feel that the Universe is laughing at him/her. (Note that this is the reason for "wait and hope.") Six of our ladies were all set to go golfing, and I was taking a break, looking forward to a few hours of lazing by myself. I did get to swim early, then things went downhill from there. I returned from my lap-swim to find that the bathrooms were STINKY due to sewer backup. So five ladies went golfing and our hostess started the frustrating exercise of finding a repair person. The first part of the process required getting city personnel out to determine if it was a city or homeowner problem. The city came out quickly and (of course) declared it a homeowner problem. While waiting (and hoping) for a repair, I dove into a computer project to enable us to watch the Aftershocks basketball game without having internet service at the house. With a trip to Radio Shack (yes, there is still at least one!) and several calls to my techy husband, I was successful. 
    The sewer/plumbing folks came in the early afternoon and got everything flowing again. The five golfers returned to a much better smelling house. We enjoyed a BLT supper while watching the Aftershocks lose. Bummer. 
    I did make up for several missed naps, and it was a treat to lie around and read, carefree and relaxed. 
    More golf today!
        Leta
Nature's bounty back home 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment