Tuesday, July 11, 2023

July 11--Heart Mystery

We do know that no one gets wise enough to really understand the heart of another, though it is the task of our life to try.  --Louise Erdrich

    I marvel at this idea often. Even though we have been together over 40 years, I am sure there is plenty I do not know about my husband, and vice versa. The same is true for my two sons, and I helped to raise them. Such is the magnificence of the human soul!
    It is challenging enough in a lifetime to understand one's own heart. There is infinite wisdom there, yet it is too often an unused source. I have an image of my heart taking in all that I experience, and continuously blending it all together to create more love in me and in the world. It is our heads that are creating all the world's nastiness. Our hearts would never do such a thing. 
    Certainly we need both head and heart, but we each do the world a favor when we focus on our heart wisdom first. 
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment