Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23--Surviving the Heat

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. 
--Rainer Maria Rilke

    Yesterday's golf at Snowflake required mucho patience. On every other 18-hole course I have ever played, #9 leads you back to the clubhouse, where I would get more ice and water, and I'd use the restroom. This course did not return to the clubhouse, and I did not know that until #9. Also there was no drinking water on the course which is absolutely ridiculous. I ended up short on cold drinks. I finished playing, but I was really sore, and I'm sure it's from dehydration. I will be better prepared when we visit Snowflake again. The course is in decent shape. It roams through very rocky, hilly terrain surrounded by huge homes. 
    We had a late lunch at Long Wong's Two Hippies--yes, that is the restaurant's real name. The catch-phrase is "I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled." It is, obviously, a BBQ joint, but they make a mighty fine pizza, and they do wings really well. 
    Back at the house, we showered, played some cards, and watched TV. I made guacamole and cooked taco meat for our Sunday post-golf lunch. 
    Today we return to Bison, the shady course through pine forest. 
    F-O-R-E!!!!!!!!!!
        Leta

The Mormon Temple overlooks the Snowflake course,
which is surrounded by spectacular homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment