Monday, July 10, 2023

July 10--Variety is Spicy!

What good is the warmth without cold to give it sweetness?  --John Steinbeck

    I can rephrase this as: what good is the comfort of your own bed without occasionally (not) sleeping on a couch to give it sweetness? After so much fun with my in-laws and family, sleep was not much in the cards for me. I was so worn out by the time we arrived home, I slept for 10 hours. I feel much better, and of course, I am so grateful for my own bed. 😉😉
    I have always lived where there are four seasons--Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Kansas. While I don't care for either extreme heat or extreme cold, I do love the variety the changing seasons offer. Besides the temperature variety, there is also great color variety, which excites me as much as the temperature change. I love the fact that when I am thoroughly fed up with the heat or cold, I know that more moderate temperatures will arrive eventually. 
    Soon I shall head to the garden at 7:00 am to beat the heat of this Kansas day. 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment