Monday, July 3, 2023

July 3--Grief

Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. 
--Pema Chodron

    This quote makes me cranky, but yes, it's true. 
    My thoughts are lingering this morning on grief, which never seems to go away. We are home from our Colorado trip. It is time for re-entry into "regular" life, and I miss my kids and grandson. Each visit makes me acutely aware of aging. I am generally very healthy, but being a grandma is quite different from being a mother. Grandmothering is a very "outside looking in" position for me. We had a great visit, and the final round of golf with my younger son was a super parting activity. Yet that leaves me wondering when I may get to play golf again with my sons, which is my very favorite thing to do, which makes me miss them and feel even more grief. You can tell from this messy paragraph that my head is spinning.
    Time to get grounded with unpacking, laundry and a swim. 
        Leta

At a Fort Collins park

No comments:

Post a Comment