Friday, July 21, 2023

July 21--Our Wise Mother

Adopt the pace of Nature. Her secret is patience.  --Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I am thrilled once again to enjoy the "pace of Nature" in the growing and ripening of fresh garden tomatoes. We had a tree removed from our backyard. This created enough sunshine for me to once again grow tomatoes. We'd love to pluck a fresh one from the vine in May, but that does not happen. Mother Nature gives us that bounty in July, and it is always worth the wait. 
    Yesterday's golf was as bad as the previous day's golf was good. We played at Birdie Ranch Golf Course and it is a dunes-style course with very few shade trees. There was scruffy brush/weeds/gravel for us to hit over at most holes. I was able to do that, with some fortuitous bounces. But the course was very long, I was hot and tired, and I won't mind if I don't play that course again. I played so poorly that I ended up giving back all the money I won the previous day. 😉😉
    The rest of the day was hanging at our host's house playing games and cards. Some of our ladies fixed a lovely supper of Italian beef sliders and yummy sides. 
    Today is a golf-free rest day. 
        Leta
    
A typical hole at Birdie Ranch--seems like
they are all uphill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment