Monday, July 24, 2023

July 24--Time to Develop

Nothing great is produced suddenly.  --Epictetus

    I think of professional athletes--those take a lifetime to produce. Any profession--doctor, nurse, teacher, electrician, artist, actor--takes time to develop the skills, understanding and personal growth to be great at what they do. 
    I think of a juicy ripe garden tomato--that takes a few months and quite a bit of magic to produce. Consider that tiny seed. How does it know to become a tomato plant? It is true to its nature, I realize. But that tiny seed, with the right loving care from our Mother and sun, turns into a bushy plant with blossoms that become BLT makings. Heavenly!
    I think of my golf game. At this point I am figuring that it will take at least another lifetime for me to be a great golfer. 😉😉 I'm OK with that, as I love the game, and I usually have fun playing.
    Yesterday we golfed again at Bison Ranch. It was a much more pleasant day weather-wise. We had a lot of cloud cover. There was thunder, but the clouds only dropped a slight drizzle for a few minutes. The rest of the day was card-playing, golf-watching and a taco supper. 
    Today is a no-golf day. I have already walked to the Aquatic Center to swim only to find the lap pool closed due to a chlorine issue, i.e., foggy water. It was a lovely cool morning for a walk. 
    May this week bring us all great joys!
        Leta
A double rainbow--
we don't see those every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment