Monday, July 17, 2023

July 17--Always Learning

Some lessons can't be taught, they simply have to be learned.  --Jodi Picoult

    Just think if our offspring had listened to all our advice!!! Life would have been so much easier for them. NOPE! Operating on "what do those oldsters know!" they had to LEARN all those lessons. And learn them they have; or if they didn't, things have probably not turned out so well. Not learning our lessons is what creates the fun in dysFUNctional. 
    Today I embark on a very new experience for me. I'm driving with six other women to Arizona for a two-week golfing vacation. I'm excited to see new-to-me U.S. territory and three golf courses. I'm looking forward to game-playing and getting to know these women better. There will be loads of laughter, and I expect the adult beverages will flow freely. Then there's my anxious side. Will my body hold up for up to seven rounds of golf? Will my introvert self be able to get enough alone time to stay sane? Can seven women actually get along for two whole weeks in one house? 
    I must continue to chant my mantra, "I lead a charmed life, especially when traveling!" 
    Stay tuned,
        Leta

Let's play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment