Thursday, December 8, 2022

December 8--Eternal Debate

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. 
--Maya Angelou

    I'm late today due to internet issues. 
    The tree frogs here sing at night. That's one theory. The other suspicion is that it is a recording with speakers hidden in the trees. No one can find the frogs or the speakers. It's an eternal debate. 
    Yesterday's highlight was the evening sunset catamaran cruise. I learned my lesson about the potency of rum punch last year on this adventure, and I elected to not repeat the lesson. I stayed 100% sober. It was a lovely cruise, but not nearly as rowdy as last year's. It was fun to watch someone else belly-flop off the slide. 
    Just as the sun was setting, the moon was rising opposite it. 


    The evening's entertainment was the Silver Birds steel drum band. Wow, not only is their playing amazing, but the energy with which they dance is astounding. There was, of course, another rendition of "Sweet Caroline." If I believed in hell, I'm sure it would include non-stop playing of that song. 
    More tomorrow, I hope, 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment