Wednesday, December 28, 2022

December 28--Light Returning

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. 
--Bertrand Russell

    Due to weather and new-baby issues, my son, his wife and his son had Christmas to themselves this year for the first time. It must have made an impact on my son, because he thanked both his dad and me for making Christmases so wonderful for him as a kid and a young adult. It's what you do when you are "inspired by love." 
    I would offer that the best way to be "guided by knowledge" is to "know thyself." The more we understand ourselves, "warts and all," the more resources we have to create that good life. This past fall has been a deep dive into grief, failed expectations, and my shadow-self. I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and for now, thankfully, it's not a train!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment