Wednesday, December 21, 2022

December 21--No Peace Here

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.   --Peace Pilgrim

    In years past I have been an extremely "happy camper" relative to Christmas. For the first time in 35 years, our whole family will not be together on this Christmas Day. I may actually be alone on Christmas Day, as my husband plans to go see his parents, and I'll be staying home with Barney. Let's just say that there's very little peace within me about all this. While I knew in my head that this day would eventually come, and I'm not the only mom on the planet without her kids with her at Christmas (DUH!!), it is still quite a challenge for me. Our household is not its usual peaceful place. Right now I think the only way for peace to return is for the calendar to pass December 25. I just want it to be over, which for me is a very depressing way to think about what used to be my favorite holiday. 
    One day at a time,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment