Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 11--Would Bob Marley even drink that?

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am. I am. I am. 
--Sylvia Plath 

    I am, I am, I am a doofus. 😉😉 I locked myself out of our room yesterday morning. Fortunately I had enough clothing on to truck up to the lobby and get new keys. My roomie was off having breakfast, so I didn't want to go into the restaurant wearing half-swimsuit, half-nightgown. Geez. 
    Our silly adventure of the day was "Bob Marley shots." This is a red-yellow-green-layered concoction of strawberry, creme de banana and creme de menthe liqueurs. This is a new-to-me Jamaican ritual which had the bartender howling at our reactions. It was a total nose hit for me, like horseradish. As my dad said (originally relative to marriage), "Once is enough for anybody." 
    Otherwise the day included another lovely lap-swim and lazing on the beach and in the ocean. We capped off the day at the martini bar followed by the regular Saturday night lobster tail dinner. 
    When I close my eyes, I can feel myself rocking in the waves. I don't want to forget that heavenly feeling. 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment