Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15--It's a Challenge

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
--Jim Henson

    Yesterday when driving home from teaching my MELT/yoga class, I came across a dead dog a couple blocks from our house. It was a heartbreaking sight. I needed to use the bathroom, so I planned to go home and return to the dog. It's a good thing I went on home, because my husband actually saw the dog be hit. He was walking our dog, and a driver in a pickup truck hit the dog and didn't even stop. My husband was understandably very shook up. He wanted to go back to the dead dog, and he found information on the dog's tag to call the owner. He left a voicemail, and later in the afternoon the dog was removed. 
    Forgiveness is a process. Right now, relative to the murdering driver, all I can think is "What an asshole!!!!!!!!" That kind of thoughtless cruelty is very tough to forgive. This is a neighborhood where children are playing! No one should be driving fast enough that they end up hitting an animal! I feel so sad for the dog's owner(s), too.
    It's hard to open my heart and forgive when things like this are so painful. 
        Leta

Oscar the Grouch

No comments:

Post a Comment