Saturday, December 17, 2022

December 17--What Sort of "Something Bigger"?

The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.  --Norman Vincent Peale

    I think of a few things I love to do--gardening, golfing, swimming--and while they all take physical effort, I always feel good after time spent doing any of those. It is energizing to do the things we love. 
    I can capitalize "Something Bigger," seeing it as another name for Higher Power or God or Spirit. It is certainly our source of energy, and confidence in It is empowering.
    I also note that losing myself in something bigger can suck the life out of me. This would be a "something bigger" that is negative and/or over which I have no control. This fall has been a difficult time where I have been lost in grief and hugely-failed expectations. I am very aware of the energy drain I've been living in over the past few months. 
    Such is the ebb and flow of life. 
        Leta

Poinsettias in Jamaica,
after a rain shower

No comments:

Post a Comment