Thursday, July 7, 2022

July 7--Yes, You CAN Dance!

Dance till the stars come down from the rafters! Dance, dance, dance till you drop!  --W. H. Auden

    On very rare occasions, I have invited my yoga class to dance, simply move the body to music as a change of pace. I would have probably received the same response had I dropped a bomb in the room. "You want us to do what?!!?!" "I can't dance!" "Someone might see me." "Well, if you insist, I'll just sway a bit." I dearly hope when they are alone that they do some boogieing. I love to dance in my clutsy sort of way. Don't you love to see a toddler shaking her booty? Where did we get the idea that moving the body needs to be evaluated as some sort of performance? 
    Get out there and twist the night away!!
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment