Thursday, July 14, 2022

July 14--In The Garden

In summer, the song sings itself.  --William Carlos Williams 

    The photo with this quote is a panorama of rolling hills covered in bright yellow and orange wildflowers. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and picture that in your mind. It is a lovely example of Mr. Williams' sentiment. 
    Warm-weather joys for me include golfing, gardening, walking with Barney, hanging in the backyard with my husband and a cold drink before dinner, lazing in friends' pools, baseball, and visiting the family in Colorado. While I'm not fond of extremes in heat and cold, I do appreciate no-need-to-bundle-up in the summer. 
    Speaking of songs, today's quote of "summer" and "song" made me think of one of my favorite hymns from my youth. Hence today's blog title: "In The Garden." It was also one of my mother's favorites, she being an avid gardener, too. Summer is a great time to visit a garden and appreciate the bounty of our fabulous Mother. 
    Stop and smell the roses!
        Leta

On a morning walk with Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment