Sunday, July 10, 2022

July 10--Horizon

There is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.  --Christopher McCandless

    I'm not too happy with the sun these days. Temperatures are in the high 90s or more, with what feels like equally high humidity. Dog walks have to happen very early and very late. It makes any sort of outdoor activity no fun, and even dangerous. It's cutting into my golf time. 😞 That being said, I still walk the dog--I just sweat a LOT. And I realize that the sun is not the problem!
    It's easy to let a dog walk fall into the "chore" category, same turf covered every day, no change in horizon. I get cranky when it's so hot and humid outside. But my crankiness reminds me that I don't have to make a chore of the dog walk, and if I actually look around, there's plenty to see and appreciate. (I tend to look down when I walk so that I don't trip on something.)  
    Reminding myself to check out the horizon,
        Leta

Barney endorses the NO vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment