Sunday, July 17, 2022

July 17--That's a Great Story!

Have your adventures, make your mistakes, and choose your friends poorly--all these make for great stories.  --Chuck Palahniuk

    Haven't you, at some point within a bizarre set of circumstances, said, "This is gonna make a great story."? I grew up in the boondocks of PA. Once when I was visiting my elderly aunt, her male companion/helper spent a half-hour describing to me in great detail how to cook a possum. Alas, I don't remember the cooking tips, but I kept thinking, "This is gonna make a great story." 
    I would say, with just a few exceptions, that the quote above describes my college and grad-school days perfectly. Except that was so long ago, I don't remember any of the great stories!!! 
    Share one of your "great stories" with someone today.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment