Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 24--NEW Sights

My favorite thing is to go where I've never seen before.  --Diane Arbus

    The photo with this quote in "Daily Gratitude" is a school of colorful fish. I remember the first time I went snorkeling. It was on the east coast of Mexico, and I was astounded at the underwater world. The colors and textures and variety amazed me. There truly is a whole 'nother universe under the surface of the sea, and sadly, I bet the majority of folks on the planet have never seen it except in pictures!
    I love to travel, and if you've been with me here for any length of time, you know that I love to share my travels. I heartily agree with Ms. Arbus' idea of fun. I rarely go to the same vacation destination twice, because there is so much "never seen" territory on our spectacular Mother Earth. All the exceptions to my "don't-go-to-the-same-place-twice" tendency have included a sunny, warm beach. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
    We are a couple weeks away from the arrival of the grandbaby. I'm really looking forward to having a little one around to enjoy him or her seeing things for the first time--that sense of wonder that we typically lose as we grow older. 
    The photo below is from the Colorado morning dog walk into an area that I had "never seen before." ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Explore somewhere new today, please!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment