Monday, July 11, 2022

July 11--Alice is Right

No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time. 
--Lewis Carroll

    This quote is from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
    My recent lengthy road trip, in hindsight, was a little nuts. Maybe it was a lot nuts. But given the opportunity and what I wanted to accomplish, the way things fell into place was too perfect to pass up. I had a great time planning the route, hotels, baseball games, all of it. The anticipation of adventure kept me going, and fortunately I didn't think of how nuts it was (the "explanations") until afterward. 
    With last December's parasailing adventure in Jamaica, I accomplished the big three for me: skydiving, zip-lining and parasailing. I've shared explanations with many folks, but it is just too tough to put those experiences into words. Intentionally falling out of an airplane? Shooting across a canyon a thousand feet above ground? Flying silently over the ocean? If I can, anyone can! Go and do!
    How quickly we can talk ourselves out of adventure with too many explanations... "what if?" "I can't" "bad weather is coming" "I should do ____ instead" "what will people think!?!" No, no! Just do it!!
        Leta
    

No comments:

Post a Comment