Monday, July 18, 2022

July 18--Flowers Along the Way

Let us decide on the route that we wish to take to pass our life, and attempt to sow that route with flowers.  --Madame du Chatelet

    Being a many-decades gardener living in the same home for 37 years, I've done a lot of sowing my route with flowers. It has been a very rewarding part of my life, and it thrills my heart that both of my sons have developed a love for growing things. That's my literal take on this quote. 
    But figuratively... flowers are beautiful, colorful, diverse, interesting, mysterious, abundant... aren't those the characteristics of a fine life? Think flowers instead of weeds (harmful beliefs), rich earth rather than desert (dry, barren, stingy attitudes), clean flowing water rather than stagnant muck (harmful intentions). 
    I like the flowery route better,
        Leta

A garden bed along my walking route with Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment