Tuesday, July 19, 2022

July 19--Delicious Firsts

It was the first peach I had ever tasted. I could hardly believe how delicious. At twenty-five I was dumbfounded afresh by my ignorance of the simplest things. 
--Ted Hughes

    New experiences are so much fun. Enjoying those are what the first few years of earthly life are all about--exploring and expanding. A good life keeps the adventure going. What causes us to become fearful of trying something new? 
    My husband is a mighty-fine cook, and we make the effort to eat in-season food, helped greatly by a weekly Farmers' Market a mile from our home. Each year we look forward to the first asparagus, the first garden tomato (yielding BLTs), and the first sweet corn, to name a few. All are extra-delicious because they are annual treats that last only a short time. 
    Any day now I'm going to be dumbfounded by the joy of becoming a grandma. I'm pins-and-needles excited. 
    Ponder some of your firsts... pretty fun, huh?
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment