Wednesday, July 27, 2022

July 26--Another Experiment

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

    There have been times in life wherein I have felt that everyone else got "life's instruction book," and I missed the handout. Truth be told, there is no such thing. We have only those who have been here longer to guide us, and that may or may not be a good thing! One of my oft-repeated phrases is "Sometimes a bad example can be a good thing--at least I know what NOT to do." 
    I believe our fear-based perfection-demanding society discourages experimentation, and that is not good for the individual or the whole. We would have no light bulbs, telephones, computers, toilets, dishwashers or a bazillion other things if it weren't for experimenters. Our innate essence and purpose here is to create, and how can we do that without experimenting? 
    My husband is replacing our deck. He's an engineer and math nerd, so he is totally digging this project. He built the previous one, but this new one is a different size, and he will be using composite decking boards for this version. It's all experimental. I have no doubt it will turn out great. 
    Happy experimenting!
        Leta

The experiment so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment