Saturday, October 9, 2021

October 9--The Comfort of Home

Ah! There's nothing like staying home for real comfort.  --Jane Austen

    Well! The pandemic either proved this true, or not. Even with staying home, I'd say "moderation in all things." I do consider myself a "home body." I love being at home, I love my home, and I especially love the woman cave. I often say I could easily be a hermit. I doubt that's really true though--I do relish being with friends and family, and I appreciate those interactions more due to the lack of them during the pandemic lock-down. 
    Home is comfortable, with my husband of 35 years and my young dog Barney. With the sons off on their own, there's very little conflict. Occasional barking is the most noise we hear. It's relaxed. Our schedules are flexible, and life revolves around mealtimes together and twice daily walks with Barney. 
    Yet home is also uncomfortable. Everywhere I turn, there's a project I should be tackling. I should wash the windows. I should repair dings in the walls. I should deep-clean. I should clear the cobwebs off the porch (after Halloween). I should wash the car. I should de-clutter the laundry/storage room (I've done this several times in our 36 years here). Needless to say, I'm pretty talented with ostrich-mode relative to all these "shoulds." 
    Enjoying the comforts of home,
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment