Monday, October 4, 2021

October 4--Sunshine

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. 
--J. M. Barrie

    I call my two male children "sonshine." They are my two most brilliant sources of light and love. 
    Barrie's quote is another way of saying "what goes around comes around." When we give light, love, joy, sunshine, we can't help but receive it, too. Sitting here, pondering the many folks who bring sunshine to my life, I recognize that, yes, they do live good lives as their light returns to bless them. 
    My favorite activity in life is to play golf with my sons. Their golf bags were in very rough shape after many years of use. I offered them the early Christmas present of new bags. They each selected one, I ordered them and had them shipped to them. Yesterday my older son sent me the photo below from their 18-hole round on a beautiful fall day in Colorado. Sunshine for them, sunshine for me. 
    Keep sharing the light,
        Leta

"New golf bags in action, thanks, Mom!"


No comments:

Post a Comment