Sunday, October 3, 2021

October 3-- Treat Yourself!

One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.  --Iris Murdoch

    This is certainly an interesting one for me. When I was active in my addiction, this meant grazing--eating nearly non-stop, a daily pattern of "continuous small treats." Like M&Ms. They are small, but a whole bag of them is not. Ultimately I realized that such behavior was not creating a happy life. 
    Now many years into recovery, I agree with Ms. Murdoch statement. Occasionally the treat is some sort of food (I'll always love ice cream), but I've learned to direct my energies in other ways. Small treats are now things like a pedicure, a massage, a walk with Barney, a swim, a warm bath, a date with my husband, talking with my kids, and the daily nap. A whole world of creative possibilities opened up for me when I wasn't 24/7-obsessed with food. 
    Treating myself to a happy life,
        Leta

OMG, who knew there is a "National Napping Day"?!?!?!?
Monday, March 14, 2022. I'm in!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment