Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 13--Take a Hot Bath

There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.  --Sylvia Plath

    Ms. Plath and I are of one mind on this one! I love a good soak in the tub, complete with Epsom salts and bubble bath. I can't ever recall feeling worse after a hot bath; I always feel better. It's good for the body and the soul. I must add that I have to keep lavender out of the process. It smells like old people and nursing homes, and though I am "old," I do not want to smell old!
    The hot bath gives us a time-out, a chance to relax, think, process, forgive, read, and wash away cares, worries, aches and aggravations. Whatever needs to be released is, poof, down the drain, gone. Writing this makes me want to go climb into the tub, but I'll save it for later. 
    The big question is: can you give yourself the peaceful relaxation time for a hot bath, setting aside everyone and everything else to regroup with your own soul? Such a gift, as Ms. Plath states, will take care of most any ills. 
    I love water!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment