Saturday, October 2, 2021

October 2--Yippee, October!!

When we cannot find contentment in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere. 
--Francois de la Rochefoucauld

    I love October. It is birthday month for both my husband and me. An extra big bonus this year is our son's October wedding. The extreme heat of summer is mostly past, and the fall colors are so welcome. It is great golfing weather. Baseball playoffs will be in full swing shortly (alas, without the Cubs). I'll pass the one-year anniversary of hip replacement, fully appreciating my ability to walk without pain. All that sounds like I'm feeling quite content, and that would be correct.
    I have to credit my daily spiritual practice and self-care tasks for days that are usually quite satisfying. Oh, yes, and coffee. 😉😉 Whether it's an "ordinary" day at home, or I'm exploring another country, staying grounded with my routine keeps me on an even keel. I'm comfy in my own skin, and that comes from nothing outside me. It's all internal work--a daily practice.
        Leta


 

No comments:

Post a Comment